Lock Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Lock (5633) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 302 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Lock is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Lock was 432 and is comprised of approximately 48.4% females and 51.6% males.

The median/average age of the population of Lock is 43 years of age.

93.5% of people living in the suburb of Lock were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 1.9% England, 1.2% New Zealand.

98.6% of people living in Lock speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.4% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Lock is 34.4% Uniting Church, 14.0% Catholic, 12.8% No religion, 12.3% Lutheran, 9.1% Anglican, 7.9% Religious affiliation not stated, 3.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 2.6% Pentecostal, 1.9% Baptist, 0.9% Christian, nfd.

65.8% of people are married, 23.9% have never married and 3.6% are divorced and 3.0% are separated. There are 12 widowed people living in Lock.

66.4% of the people living in Lock over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 23.5% are working on a part time basis. Lock has an unemployment rate of 5.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Lock are 54.0% Managers, 10.7% Labourers, 7.6% Professionals, 7.6% Sales workers, 7.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 5.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 4.5% Technicians & trades workers, 2.7% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Lock work in are 55.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 10.7% Retail trade, 7.1% Education and training, 5.3% Construction, 5.3% Wholesale trade, 4.0% Health care and social assistance, 2.7% Professional, scientific and technical services, 2.7% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 1.3% Public administration and safety.

52.1% of homes are fully owned, and 17.2% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 28.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $515 per week and the median household income is $900 per week.

The median rent in Lock is $50 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $465 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Lock postcode 5633

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Whyalla 5600 -> Far North -> South Australia